From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: NYC CloudStack User Group Meetup #2
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:20:18 GMT
Phong is in NYC and previously offered to talk about the LXC
integration that they built for CloudStack.

If he does, it please record video.

--David

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Kelly Hair <kelly.hair@citrix.com> wrote:
> I reached out to Chris Swenson from WebMD after running into him at an event about hosting
the 2nd CloudStack User Group meetup.  He obliged with gusto and we're tentatively looking
at the first week of September.

> The questions I wanted to pose are:
> - Who should present?
> - What should they cover?
>
> Since I'm starting the feedback chain – my take:  in the course of my day job on the
commercial side, I recently met with Redapt and Basho in NYC and they have both expressed
an interest in presenting @ a user group meeting.  Additionally, Chris shared that they are
talking with Rackware &confirmed with Rackware that they are interested in sharing how
they are looking to integrate with Apache CloudStack.  We all know what SolidFire has been
doing with the storage plugin in Apache CloudStack 4.2.  Then from the top level/cloud management
layer you currently have ScalR, RightScale and Dell/Enstratius. It got me to thinking that
since CloudStack's main issue is mind share, perhaps it would be important to not only have
regular user group meetups, from a brand awareness perspective, but also to serve as further
validation of what we already know – CloudStack just works & has a growing number of
integrations.

up devcloud (see: http://www.meetup.com/CloudStack-NYC-User-Group/messages/boards/thread/34299622#101100342
)