From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [ACS411] Draft Press Release - For Review
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:22:48 GMT
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Mathias Mullins <mathias.mullins@citrix.com
> wrote:

> Ok here's my draft…
>
> I changed around some of the formatting from the 4.0.1/2 to make the flow
> a little better.
>
>   *   I also focused on pushing everyone to the Release Notes to see the
> bug fixes since it also has upgrade instructions and much more.
>   *   I moved the info about CloudStack to the end since most Press
> Releases contain organization at the end after the quantitive information
> that is being given out.
>   *   Tried to keep it pretty close to previous releases
>

> The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the 4.1.1 release of
> the CloudStack cloud orchestration platform. This is a minor release of the
> 4.1.0 branch which released on June 5, 2013. The 4.1.1 release contains
> more than 45 bug fixes. As a bug fix release, no new features are included
> in 4.1.1.
>
> The 4.1.1 release includes fixes for a number of issues; including
> problems with snapshots, fixes to documentation, and more. Please see the
> <Release Notes> (Final link to be added) file for a full list of corrected
> issues in this release and upgrade instructions. As a minor release it is a
> simple upgrade from 4.1.0 with no architectural changes.
>
> Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
> software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and
> private cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface
> and rich API for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage
> resources. The project became an Apache top level project in March 2013.
>

> Matt

In the subject line: s/Press Release/Release Announcement

We won't be doing an actual press release for this one IMO (they are
reserved for big events).

Other than that looks good, but we need to add the following to the end:

##Downloads

The official source code release can be downloaded from:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

In addition to the official source code release, individual contributors
have also made convenience binaries available on the Apache CloudStack
download page.