From Mathias Mullins <mathias.mull...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Permission to use the Apache Cloud Stack Logo on CloudBand Ecosystem Progra
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:47:39 GMT
So Giles, I see you point as well, but then what value does the CloudStack name have then in
their or any other EcoSystem? Is it just a place card that says they can work with Apache
CloudStack, or is it a label that means that there is a true connection and function between
these two entities?

I really would love to see A-L be a part of CloudStack just like Solidfire, Cisco, F5 and
yes even Citrix have done. I think we have a lot of work on that side of the community and
participation. But I also want to see the CloudStack logo not end up like others in the space
and just thrown on every website everywhere because they can call our APIs.

I thought of a quality over a quantity approach has served groups like Apache better from
what I've seen in the past and understood about the mission.

Either way looks like it's underway.

Thanks,
Matt

On Jul 24, 2013, at 2:01 PM, "Giles Sirett" <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>>