From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Permission to use the Apache Cloud Stack Logo on CloudBand Ecosystem Progra
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:00:02 GMT
(note mixed public / private lists)

Debbie,

Thanks for asking.  I've cc'ed the ASF trademarks list for their input
and / or clarification to anything I say below.

It's important to note that the project itself can't be a "partner" with
any organizations.  As that page stands today, I think it would be confusing
to include the Apache CloudStack logo in a list of partners.  Perhaps
the use of the mark would be more appropriately listed as a "technical
integration" option or something similar.  You are, of course, welcome
to reference the project as something you support / like / whatnot
(assuming you comply with our trademark usage policies).

That being said, the relevant policies that explain what you can and
can't do with the logo on a website are here:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/trademark-guidelines.html

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

The first is Apache CloudStack specific, while the second is the
official ASF-wide policy.

trademarks@ folks, have I stated things accurately?

-chip

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 04:39:26PM +0000, Bradshaw, Debbie (Debbie) wrote:

> We use CloudStack APIs in our CloudBand Product. We recently launched a new NFV ecosystem
community at http://ecosystem.cloud-band.com we would like your permission to use the Apache
CloudStack Logo, in our platform partners section on the home page?