From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Permission to use the Apache Cloud Stack Logo on CloudBand Ecosystem Progra
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:50:57 GMT
If they are referencing their use of / integration with Apache
CloudStack, there really shouldn't be a problem with this at all.

-chip

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 01:47:39PM +0000, Mathias Mullins wrote:
> So Giles, I see you point as well, but then what value does the CloudStack name have
then in their or any other EcoSystem? Is it just a place card that says they can work with
Apache CloudStack, or is it a label that means that there is a true connection and function
between these two entities?

> I really would love to see A-L be a part of CloudStack just like Solidfire, Cisco, F5
and yes even Citrix have done. I think we have a lot of work on that side of the community
and participation. But I also want to see the CloudStack logo not end up like others in the
space and just thrown on every website everywhere because they can call our APIs.

> I thought of a quality over a quantity approach has served groups like Apache better
from what I've seen in the past and understood about the mission.

> Either way looks like it's underway.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>
> On Jul 24, 2013, at 2:01 PM, "Giles Sirett" <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>>
wrote:

> Matt
> (All IMO)
>
> I see where you're coming from, but I disagree. I think we should be welcome in vendors
who are doing ANY form of integration with Cloudstack and doing what we can to support them
in telling the world that theyre using Cloudstack

> If these guys want to list ASC as a technology they're using: that's great IMO
>
> Obviously , we would all prefer to find vendors that make code contributions from the
outset, but if folk don't then I still think it's a good thing that they've chosen Cloudstack
and can get involved on some level or another. (an the guys calling the API today *may* start
to write some code tomorrow)

> Debbie, the trademark guidelines are here
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/trademark-guidelines.html
>
> I've just noticed David has already sent your mail on to Trademarks@
>

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com>

interaction and function with CloudStack? If it's just calling the API, it doesn't seem to
really be part of the EcoSystem rather than having full integration into the product. We have
several products that are fully integrated with code plug-ins and code contributions that
have been done.

> Just not sure if there is an actual ecosystem interaction if it's just calling the product
rather than fully interfacing with it.

> Thanks,
> Matt
>

> On 7/24/13 12:39 PM, "Bradshaw, Debbie (Debbie)"
> <debbie.bradshaw@alcatel-lucent.com<mailto:debbie.bradshaw@alcatel-lucent.com>>
wrote:

> We use CloudStack APIs in our CloudBand Product. We recently launched a
> new NFV ecosystem community at http://ecosystem.cloud-band.com we would
> like your permission to use the Apache CloudStack Logo, in our platform
> partners section on the home page?
>
> Thank you,
> Debbie
>
> Debbie Bradshaw