From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Changing Docs landing page layout
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 05:46:56 GMT
Joe

While I have no issue with the way current page looks, im open for change of layout.

Looking forward to more refined draft.

Thanks
Ilya

- All mistakes in this message are not mine but Android's.

-------- Original message --------
From: Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net>
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Changing Docs landing page layout

Hi all,

Before 4.2.0 is released, I'd like to talk about changing the layout of
the landing page for documentation.

Currently, you get dropped into the default Publican documentation page
that is basically the licensing info and a sidebar with the various
guides sorted by version.

I've come up with a wireframe of what I'd like to change it to. The docs
wouldn't change, but the landing page would display prominent links to
each guide and the formats they're available in. (Note that this is a
rough, and I'd replace the boxes that say "HTML," "PDF," etc with the
appropriate file-type icons.)

See here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gk1g0ss560hr0u/CloudStack%20Docs.png

Below the current version I'd include text links to each of the previous
versions' documentation.

Thoughts?

Best,

jzb