From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Linus cloudopen in Edinburgh
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:34:42 GMT
Sorry I missed this yesterday but I just got done reviewing submissions(I am on the program
committee) from the last CloudOpen in New Orleans  and I would have liked to seen more best
practices and user case studies. Things I think would be good talks:

The Utility of Storage - Considerations for setting up Storage in Cloud - Different configurations
for secondary and primary storage. Managing performance versus costs.

Private Cloud Architecture - Developing self-service clouds for enterprise users. I think
there is a huge demand for doing this but people need a place to start.

Project specific talks are good but I think talks aimed at solving the user problems are in
demand.

Regards, Mark

On Jul 17, 2013, at 4:40 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>> My submission is now formally in.
>>
>> 'Introduction to CloudStack Networking'
>>
>> Regards
>
> I submitted one on "cloudstack clients and tools" but to the main linuxcon europe track.
>

>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>>
>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

one I did in Vegas, which very nicely lays the foundations for a SDN talk

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>>
>>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>>>
>>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

I was thinking about the SDN presentation I submitted for collab, but that is only interesting
if there are some regular CS presentations as well.

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Hugo

haven't yet submitted talks and want to make sure we're complimentary to anybody elses

>>> Kind Regards
>>> Giles
>>>
>>> Giles Sirett
>>> CEO
>>>

>>> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +44 796 111 2055
>>>
>>> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>
| Twitter:@shapeBlue
>>>
>>> ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS
>>>
>>> Apache CloudStack Bootcamp training courses
>>> 10/11 July, Bangalore, India
>>> 21/22 August, London
>>>

>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape
Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.