From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject [DISCUSS] Changing Docs landing page layout
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 21:25:34 GMT
Hi all,

Before 4.2.0 is released, I'd like to talk about changing the layout of
the landing page for documentation.

Currently, you get dropped into the default Publican documentation page
that is basically the licensing info and a sidebar with the various
guides sorted by version.

I've come up with a wireframe of what I'd like to change it to. The docs
wouldn't change, but the landing page would display prominent links to
each guide and the formats they're available in. (Note that this is a
rough, and I'd replace the boxes that say "HTML," "PDF," etc with the
appropriate file-type icons.)

See here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gk1g0ss560hr0u/CloudStack%20Docs.png

Below the current version I'd include text links to each of the previous
versions' documentation.

Thoughts?

Best,

jzb