From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack Press Article
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:38:45 GMT
PL

Many thanks

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierre-Luc Bisaillon [mailto:pbisaillon@cloudops.com]
Sent: 25 July 2013 18:34
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack Press Article

Hey Geoff,

- Faster to production
- Simpler and more scalable architecture
- More production-ready features
- Better documentation
(see
http://www.cloudops.com/2013/06/cloudstack-vs-openstack-a-personal-experience/
.)

I would also point you to Simon Wardley's recent blog post (we have no affiliation with him,
just an interesting article) http://blog.gardeviance.org/2013/07/there-can-be-only-one.html?m=1.

Good luck with the article.

PL

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Geoff Higginbottom < geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>  All,
>

> I am working on the press article for http://www.admin-magazin.de/ and
> following a submission of a first draft ( 17,000 characters) the
> journalist has come back asking if I could provide more examples of
> where CloudStack is better than OpenStack, or what are the features unique to CloudStack
etc.

> Now I'm first to admit I'm not an OpenStack expert, so if there are
> any more knowledgeable people out there could you please highlight
> some areas where CloudStack excels.
>

> In addition they want a brief list of the top features of CloudStack
> for a 'call out box' etc.  As there are many great features, I am
> again happy to take suggestions.
>

> Before anyone asks, I do not want to share the full text I have
> written so far, as that would just result in 100 editors helpfully trying to 'improve'
> it, I hope you all understand.  I can confirm however that I have put
> a very positive aspect on how excellent CloudStack is, and once the
> magazine editors have approved the text I will share on this list.
>

> Regards
>

> Geoff Higginbottom
>
> *CTO / Cloud Architect*
>

> [image: Description: Mail Logo Bottom Align]
>

> D: +44 20 3603 0542 <+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540 <+442036030540>|
M:
> +447968161581
>

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com |
> Twitter:@shapeblue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

> 10/11 July, Bangalore,
> India<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
>
> 21/22 August,
> London<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
>

>  This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
> in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under

Pierre-Luc Bisaillon
Chef des opérations/COO
pbisaillon@cloudops.com
[c]  (438) 989-3121