From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Hack Day at CloudStack Collaboration Conference
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 05:48:52 GMT
Good morning marketing

So, how does this hack thing work then ?

Theres a whole bunch of people who have put in some really good suggestions - does somebody
now choose a set number to run in the day ?

On the day, does each session get an allocated time slot ?

In short, where do I need to be, when  and do I need to be there at all?

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:jzb@zonker.net]
Sent: 13 June 2013 19:40
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Hack Day at CloudStack Collaboration Conference

Hey all,

As you know, the conference is coming up in less than two weeks. The first day is going to
be a "hack day" using an un-conference/BarCamp type structure where we ask attendees to set
the agenda and have spaces set aside to work on things or have more interactive sessions to
hammer out ideas.

This will probably work best if we start brainstorming before the event, so I've set up a
page on the wiki for folks to propose sessions. Please take a minute to add topics you'd like
to address during the hack day with a description and suggested leader for that session. (This
is usually going to be the person proposing the idea, but might be a suggestion for someone
else if you think they'd be better suited.)

Here's the page on the wiki - please go wild and add the topics you think we need to hit on
during the hack day! (Note, adding a session isn't a guarantee that it'll be chosen, but it's
a good way to build interest ahead of time and ensure the right folks are there and ready
roll.)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Hack+Day+at+CCC13

Best,

jzb