From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack + Splunk
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 06:55:39 GMT

On Jun 21, 2013, at 2:26 AM, Prasanna Santhanam <tsp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 08:18:21AM +0200, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>> I dont know about splunk but i know a cloudstack user who has an
>> elastic search cluster to store and mine cloudstack logs. Pretty
>> common setup with logstash, redis queue and ES nodes + kibana
>
> Can haz docs/blog link?

not yet, working on it, but diy is basically:

----------
management:

log4j.xml: https://gist.github.com/801bd509a249051f752c
mvn package assembly:single
/usr/share/cloud/management/lib => standalone-jar

testconfig logstash:

input {
 file {
   path => [ "/var/log/cloud/management/management-json.log" ]
   format => "json_event"
   sincedb_path => "/var/lib/logstash/sincedb"
   type => "cloud-management"
   tags => [ "management" ]
 }
}