From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject [RESULTS][SUMMARY][DISCUSS][VOTE] List CloudStack related books on the website
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:12:35 GMT
Hi, (note only marketing@)

Apologies for a belated wrap up of this important vote. Please reply in-line.

[RESULTS]:

+1 : 24 (Sebastien, Giles, Nguyen, Ryan, Kelly, Geoff, Roland, Alex, Nehal, Sapm4kev, Gaspare,
Kelcey, José,OutbackDingo, Todd, Eric, David, Kimihiko, Radhika, Clayton, Chip, Chiradeep,
Tariq, Mark)

-0 : 2 (Noah, Joe also vote +0)

-1: 2 (Rohit, Ilya)

[SUMMARY]:

Rohit would be +1 on listing in the wiki, Ilya would be +0 on listing in the wiki.
So it seems that we would have unanimous consensus for listing on the wiki, even though there
is a strong majority for the website.

[DISCUSS]:

I felt it was important to poll folks that are only on dev@ or users@ and the results show
that some folks who have never voted, got engaged in this VOTE. This is a very positive side
effect despite the confusion that I created by bcc all lists.

Our bylaws [1] do not cover votes on non-technical matters, so while we have lazy majority
on this vote it seems that this situation is not covered by the bylaws. Moreover section 3.1.1
of bylaws says that decisions on the project happen on dev@, so it seems that votes even on
marketing@ are not allowed (unsure about this).

I propose the following:

1-To move forward without having to re-cast a vote, I propose to list immediately the books
on the Wiki, and inform Packt. I just created the page [2]
2- If people agree that we have a bylaw "loophole", we need to modify the bylaws to allow
votes on marketing@ and agree on using Lazy majority or Lazy 2/3 majority.

Once we agree, I will inform users@ and dev@ and invite folks who participated in this vote
to join marketing@

3- We could then re-cast a vote to list on the website

[1] http://cloudstack.apache.org/bylaws.html
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Books

Ps: fwiw, I think this is overly complicated but the only way forward in the apache way.

-Sebastien