cloudstack-marketing mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kimihiko Kitase <Kimihiko.Kit...@citrix.co.jp>
Subject 2013-06-26 Japanese CloudStack Community Weekly Update
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:13:59 GMT
We started to post Japanese CloudStack Community Weekly Update from this
week, because most of Japanese hesitate to post English into general
English mailing list. So I just wants to let you know summary of Japanese
community status as representative of JCSUG (Japan CloudStack User Group)

# # #

# New board member
	No updates

# Globalization (L10n / i18n) (led by Chiba san and Shimazaki san)
	Chiba san and Shimazaki san will organize Doc Sprint for 2 times June and
July.
		# 1st doc sprint has been done on June 18th

# Build OSS Cloud Certification (led by Kimi)
	LPI Japan is very positive to develop new certification, OSS Cloud based
on Apache CloudStack. Peder met President of LPI Japan.

# CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2013
	8 Japanese joined. Mayumi Koshimizu, chair of JCSUG joined.

# 4.1 evaluation project (led by Oge san)
	# Project page: http://180.37.182.53/projects/cloudstack4-1-pj
	# Theme
		1 : VM Snapshots, FS Investigate and add back KVM snapshot support
		2 : Resize Data Volumes, CPU and RAM Overcommit
		3 : AWS-Style Regions, S3-based secondary Storage
		4 : Site-to-Site VPN 2.0
		5 : IPv6 support, Add Remove Networks to VMs, Persistent Networks
		6 : API Request Throttling
		7 : Cloudstack Ceph RBD Setup
		8 : AutoScaling
		9 : Upgrade from old version to 4.1

# Book
	# CloudStack book (from Shoueisha): Published on 2013/01/29
		Printed: 1st: 3000, 2nd: 2500
		Books sold by 2013/06/04 since 2013/01/29: 3087
		Electric version: http://goo.gl/xISJj
		Created CloudStack Book digest video:
http://cloudstack.jp/cloudstack%E5%BE%B9%E5%BA%95%E5%85%A5%E9%96%80

	# Another CloudStack book covered 4.1(from Impress):
		Oge san is writing now

# Event
	[6/18] CloudStack Japanese Doc Sprint. Done. http://atnd.org/events/40193
	[7/14] July Tech Festa: JCSUG will have a session.
http://www.techfesta.jp/
	[7/E] 14th Japan CloudStack User Group Meeting in Tokyo: Consider to have
MeetUp.
		Agenda should be similar to Osaka MeetUp.
	[8/2] 13th Japan CloudStack User Group Meeting in Osaka:
http://atnd.org/events/40712
		1. CCC13 report
		2. Snapshot deep dive
		3. Autoscale deep dive
		4. CloudStack + Ceph/RBD
		5. Other 4.1 new feature deep dive
		6. CloudStack LXC
		7. CloudStack + Scalr / CloudStack API
		8. CloudStack + Nicira
		9. TBD
		10. TBD
	[8/2, 3] OSC Kyoto: JCSUG will have a session.
http://www.ospn.jp/osc2013-kyoto/
	[9/3] Cloud Show Japan: JCSUG will have a session. http://cloudshow.jp/

If you have any comment, please let admin at cloudstack.jp know

Thanks,
JCSUG (Japan CloudStack User Group)

Web: http://cloudstack.jp
Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cloudstackja
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB_l4yMR2rE6VWa_H-THPWQ
Twitter: @cloudstackja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloudstackjapan
Admin ML: admin@cloudstack.jp
User ML: users@cloudstack.jp




On 2013/06/20 16:31, "Kimihiko Kitase" <Kimihiko.Kitase@citrix.co.jp>
wrote:

>We started to post Japanese CloudStack Community Weekly Update from this
>week, because most of Japanese hesitate to post English into general
>English mailing list. So I just wants to let you know summary of Japanese
>community status as representative of JCSUG (Japan CloudStack User Group)
>
># # #
>
>
>### New board member
>	No updates
>
>### Projects
>## Globalization (L10n / i18n) (led by Chiba san and Shimazaki san)
>	Chiba san and Shimazaki san will organize Doc Sprint for 2 times June
>and July.
>
>## Build OSS Cloud Certification
>	LPI Japan is very positive to build new certification, OSS Cloud based
>on Apache CloudStack. Peder met President of LPI Japan.
>
>
>## 4.1 evaluation project (led by Oge san from JCSUG))
>	# Project page: http://180.37.182.53/projects/cloudstack4-1-pj
>	# Theme
>		1 : VM Snapshots, FS Investigate and add back KVM snapshot support
>		2 : Resize Data Volumes, CPU and RAM Overcommit
>		3 : AWS-Style Regions, S3-based secondary Storage
>		4 : Site-to-Site VPN 2.0
>		5 : IPv6 support, Add Remove Networks to VMs, Persistent Networks
>		6 : API Request Throttling
>		7 : Cloudstack Ceph RBD Setup
>		8 : AutoScaling
>		9 : Upgrade from old version to 4.1
>## Book
>	# CloudStack book (from Shoueisha): Published on 2013/01/29
>		Printed: 1st: 3000, 2nd: 2500
>		Books sold by 2013/06/04 since 2013/01/29: 3087
>		Electric version: http://goo.gl/xISJj
>		Created CloudStack Book digest video:
>http://cloudstack.jp/cloudstack%E5%BE%B9%E5%BA%95%E5%85%A5%E9%96%80
>	# Another CloudStack book covered 4.1(from Impress):
>		Oge san is writing now.
>
>## Event
>	[6/18] CloudStack Japanese Doc Sprint. Done.
>http://atnd.org/events/40193
>	[7/14] July Tech Festa: JCSUG will have a session.
>http://www.techfesta.jp/
>	[8/2] 13th Japan CloudStack User Group Meeting in Osaka:
>http://atnd.org/events/40712
>		1. CCC13 report
>		2. Snapshot deep dive
>		3. Autoscale deep dive
>		4. CloudStack + Ceph/RBD
>		5. Other 4.1 new feature deep dive
>		6. CloudStack LXC
>		7. CloudStack + Scalr / CloudStack API
>		8. CloudStack + Nicira
>		9. TBD
>		10. TBD
>	[8/2, 3] OSC Kyoto: JCSUG will have a session.
>http://www.ospn.jp/osc2013-kyoto/
>	[9/3] Cloud Show Japan: JCSUG will have a session. http://cloudshow.jp/
>
>If you have any comment, please let admin at cloudstack.jp know.
>
>Thanks,
>JCSUG
>
>Web: http://cloudstack.jp
>Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cloudstackja
>YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB_l4yMR2rE6VWa_H-THPWQ
>Twitter: @cloudstackja
>Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloudstackjapan
>Admin ML: admin@cloudstack.jp
>User ML: users@cloudstack.jp


Mime
View raw message