From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: Chip Childers Keynote and Full Schedule Announced for the Second CloudStack Collaboration Conference!
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 15:58:17 GMT
You need it rescheduled?

(Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos/brevity.)

On Jun 3, 2013, at 10:54 AM, "kelcey@backbonetechnology.com" <kelcey@backbonetechnology.com>
wrote:

> FYI, Clayton most likely will not be able to host the talk on the 25th. I will try and
fill in for him.

> Sent from my HTC

Collaboration Conference!
> Date: Mon, Jun 3, 2013 8:47 AM
>
> ## The Program Has Been Announced!
>
> There's a stellar line-up of talks from various Apache CloudStack committers such as,
"How to Run from a Zombie: CloudStack Distributed Process Management" by John Burwell, "SDN
in CloudStack" by Hugo Trippaers, "CloudStack University" by Sebastian Goasguen and "High
Availability and Disaster Recovery for Cloud Workloads" by Venkata Budumuru.

> It doesn't end there! There's also plenty of exciting topics from organizations that
integrate with or use CloudStack including, "Stackmate: your friend in the cloud business"
by Kishore Yerrapragada, "Calling CloudStack: Building a Phone Company One Zone at a Time"
Evan McGee (Ringplus), "Putting the PaaS in CloudStack" by Diane Mueller (Redhat) and "Whats
the Use!? (Real Customer Use-Cases)" by Paul Angus ShapeBlue.

> But that's not all! The agenda is jam-packed with even more talks. Check out the topics
and the featured panel discussion, "CloudStack & Cloud Storage: Where are we at? &
Where do we need to go?" Make a note of which talks you won't want to miss! To view the schedule:
[1] http://www.cloudstackcollab.org/schedule/

> ## Chip Childers to Keynote the CloudStack Collaboration Conference
>
> Chip Childers, Vice President of Apache CloudStack at the Apache Software Foundation,
will be kicking off the conference with "State of the Project: Apache CloudStack in 2013".
 In this talk, he will highlight success stories from around the community, describe the scope
of our software's impact in the industry, and share his thoughts on the project's future direction;
setting the stage for the conference, and year, to come.

> In case you missed it, Gene Kim will be speaking on day one of the conference, with a
new talk called "Why We Need DevOps Now: A Fourteen Year Study of High Performing IT Organizations."
He will also be taking time to sign copies of The Phoenix Project for attendees. It's the
one book on DevOps that you should read about this year, it's The Phoenix Project by Gene
Kim, Kevin Behr, and George Spafford. (A limited supply of the book will be given out free
to folks who have registered for the conference, so you'll want to register before supplies
run out!). To view Gene Kim's keynote: [2] http://www.cloudstackcollab.org/keynote1

> ## Important Dates
>
> * June 23rd - CloudStack Hackathon. This is your place and opportunity to share ideas,
collaborate, discuss plans for Apache CloudStack and put those bright ideas into practice
guided by the CloudStack development team! This will be a full day of hacking, learning and
having some fun! The day will start with brainstorming ideas & forming teams. You bring
your laptop, appetite, skills and ideas. Get ready to hack!

> * June 24th - Conference talks and planned sessions begin.
>
> * June 25th - Day Two of the conference talks and planned sessions. Conference ends.
>
> ## Evening Events
>
> * Sunday, June 23rd: Welcome Cocktail Party sponsored by SolidFire at the Santa Clara
Convention Center. Attendees can register early and head over to the welcome party to mingle
over cocktails and hors d'oeuvres with members of the CloudStack community!

> * Monday, June 24th: Are you a daredevil? Join the CloudStack community at California's
Great America for the CloudStack Roller Coaster Party from 6:30pm - 10:00pm! Private access
for CloudStackers will be given on the top five rides - Flight Deck, Rue le Dodge Bumper Cars,
Celebration Swings, Vortex, and the brand new roller coaster, Gold Striker. Not a fan of roller
coasters? There will be caricature artists, bumper cars, ice cream, BBQ, beer and wine, music
and so much more to do! Register for the evening events here: [3] http://www.cloudstackcollab.org/evenings/

> ## Location and Pricing
>
> The CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2013 will be held at the Santa Clara Convention
Center.

> We encourage attendees to stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara to participate in after-hours
events with the Apache CloudStack community. Book your room today to take advantage of the
CloudStack Collaboration Conference 2013 special rate of $199.00 per night. There are a limited
number of rooms available at this special rate so book early at [4] www.cloudstackcollab.com/register

> ## See You in California!
>
> The CloudStack community is excited to reunite this year and exchange ideas, discuss
plans for Apache CloudStack, learn how others are using it, and participate in workshops and
sprints about CloudStack. We hope you'll join us! Spread the word, and join us in Santa Clara,
CA on June 23rd.

> Want more information? Check out [5] www.cloudstackcollab.org for further information
and updates on the conference.

> ## Sponsorships
>
> Not sure if you can afford the CloudStack Collaboration Conference admission ticket?
If you are an individual developer that contributes to the Apache CloudStack community - don't
let that stop you! Send an email to planning@cloudstackcollab.org and we would be glad to
make an arrangement for you.