From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Newswire items
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:22:32 GMT
Is CloudStack More Enterprise-Ready than OpenStack?

*> "We did a proof of concept with OpenStack, but after spending a couple
of weeks with it, we just felt like it wasn't enterprise ready," Swenson
said. He pointed out that the POC was conducted a year ago, and that
OpenStack is evolving constantly. However, he also said that using
CloudStack is like turning to a contractor to build your house, whereas
using OpenStack is like walking into Home Depot and figuring everything out
on your own.*

http://www.datamation.com/cloud-computing/is-cloudstack-more-enterprise-ready-than-openstack-1.html

Stack wars: OpenStack v. CloudStack v. Eucalyptus

> While most independent sources interviewed for this story contend that
OpenStack is a likely front runner, they all refused to pick an ultimate
winner, given that both the definition of private cloud and statistics
about the rate at which enterprises are deploying and taking advantage of
private clouds have been slippery little devils to pin down.

http://www.networkworld.com/supp/2013/enterprise3/060313-ecs3-open-stack-269899.html

SoftLayer users may end up on OpenStack following IBM's acquisition

> "If SoftLayer can pull it off where they're both a CloudStack and an
OpenStack provider, and it doesn't diminish either one of their values, it
would be a great story," said James Staten, an analyst with Forrester
Research, based in Cambridge, Mass. "If Citrix just lost one of its biggest
customers, then it's going to be a different kind of story -- and there's
potential for both those stories here."

http://searchcloudcomputing.techtarget.com/news/2240185341/SoftLayer-users-may-end-up-on-OpenStack-following-IBMs-acquisition

--
NS