From Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>
Subject Re: Apache CloudStack + Riak CS: Building a Complete Private Cloud Meetup
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:09:52 GMT
thx will test it first, and let we see what we can do here

i try to create cloudstack community here, which we use cloudstack
here (citrix setup here, first project for them, and we create 2
solution on top of them), love to know more and have more intersting
thing to grow community

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM, John Burwell <jburwell@basho.com> wrote:
> Frans,
>
> Currently, I don't know of any plans for an Indonesian event, but one our Technical Evangelists,
Pavan Venkatesh, is CC'ed on this email chain.  He may have more information regarding international
events.

> Riak installation documentation is available @ http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/tutorials/installation/
and Riak CS installation documentation is available @ http://docs.basho.com/riakcs/latest/cookbooks/installing/Installing-Riak-CS/.
 If you are looking to setup a local development environment, you can quickly spin up Riak/Riak
CS instance up and going very quickly using Vagrant [1] and our vagrant-riak-cs-cluster [2]
project:

> If you don't have it installed, download and install VirtualBox [3] for your development
platform
> If you don't have it installed, download and install Vagrant [1] for your your development
platform
> Download and unzip the latest release of the vagrant-riak-cs-cluster [2] to a local directory
(e.g. vagrant-riak-cs-cluster)
> From the directory created in step 3, execute "RIAK_CS_CREATE_ADMIN_USER=1 vagrant up"
from the command line.  Make a note of the access and secret key outputted to the terminal
-- these are your access credentials for Riak CS.  Riak requires no access credentials.

> Following completion of the vagrant up command, you will have a running virtual machine
with Riak and Riak CS exposing the following ports on localhost:

> 8080: Riak CS
> 8087: Riak Protocol Buffers interface
> 8098: Riak HTTP interface
>
> Once you have the virtual machine up and running, I suggest working through the Riak
Fast Track [4] and Riak CS Fast Track [5] using the VM (Note: Using the steps described above,
you can skip the installation portions of each Fast Track).  I also suggest checking out the
Basho blog [6], as well as, our RICON conference series [7] for more in-depth discussions
about Riak, Riak CS, and distributed systems.

running via email (jburwell@basho.com) or on Freenode (jburwell).