From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blank presentation template - draft!
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:52:08 GMT

On Jun 28, 2013, at 8:34 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> While at the hackfest on Sunday I figured I would work away at converting a powerpoint
copy of a presentation template into something useful for those of us who use openoffice or
libreoffice.

> I've added this to the wiki here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Event+Resources+and+Templates#EventResourcesandTemplates-BlankCloudStackPresentationTemplateINDRAFTMODE
>
> A few things to note:
>
> * The "draft" remark is clearly noted - would love to have feedback on this.
> * I thought it would be nice to use something as a font other than Arial - I looked around
a bit and found the Roboto font, which has an equally freedom-loving license, as well as support
for lots of character sets. You can see the font here  - http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Roboto
- and downloading is here: http://www.google.com/fonts#UsePlace:use/Collection:Roboto
> * I included a .pdf copy of the draft so that folks who don't have the font can take
look at it as it looks with the font in use.
> * I picked the font colors based on a web-tool-guesstimate of the RGB colors in the logo
- if someone knows where I can locate that information it would be helpful.

> I don't know if there are other icons or pictures that would be useful to have inside
the presentation for usage - thoughts?

> In any case: Seeking feedback! Let me know what you guys think so we can move it from
draft mode to a more permanent state. (Or throw it in the garbage can and start over. :D)

Robyn, thanks a bunch for this, not a big fan of the first title page but I like the rest,
especially the last one. Would be me I would remove the world map from the 'cloud' logo and
maybe even replace it with our 'monkey' logo.

Any chance to get a black background version. I know lots of folks use black background these
days

-sebastien