From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: OSCON Exhibition and other Activities
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:37:27 GMT
These are all excellent questions to ask about our approval for a third
party event, and a good discussion.

 From experience, I know that Citrix has been doing a good job with past
events and other materials at respecting and promoting the Apache brand
independently from their own projects - as well as the actual sponsoring
of these kind of items for the project's benefit.  I also know that many
of the Citrix employees who are committers on Apache CloudStack have
done a great job of ensuring it stays that way.

Given that and given the past successful events, I'm quite happy with
this plan. I only wish I could attend this year!

- Shane

On 6/11/2013 2:29 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
> (note mixed pub / private lists please)
>
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 05:35:30PM +0000, Mark Hinkle wrote:
>> The booth will be a 20x20 space with four pods with tower dedicated to each individual
project. The center will have have a gaming area (XBox) and the Open@Citrix brand for the
Citrix Open Source Office.
>> Each tower is a clearly distinct project pod for each -- Apache CloudStack, Xen Project,
 Linux Foundation's Open Daylight and a fourth project we are working on launching that is
complimentary to the other three.
>> Each open source project will be offered a 3' table and accompanying wall mounted
screen.
>> On the screen we are asking each project to provide a looping presentation and then
on the desktop they'll  be able to give a demo via a laptop if they so chose.

>> Here's a rough rendering of the design - http://postimg.org/image/40w0e6vnl/
>
> IMO, this seems fine, and would be a benefit to the Apache CloudStack
> project.  trademarks@, could you please review and comment if you have
> any concerns.  I'm personally +1.
>

>> As for the poker party the even is a Citrix event and then each table would have
a placard with their project logo.We would encourage each project to have members there to
in I believe that some of the Apache members were in attendance last year. I recall we had
Gluster, Ceph, CloudStack, Puppet, etc. I would point out that this is the second time we
would be doing this and we were approved last year and I believe that some of the Apache folks
might have been at the event. We don't plan to modify the format if that was acceptable.

>> Here are some pictures of last year's event, no overt Citrix branding, each table
had a placard so like-minded individuals could cluster around their favorite projects: