From Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hin...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: OSCON Exhibition and other Activities
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 22:43:15 GMT
Thank you Shane. Appreciate the approval the kind words.

Regards, Mark

On Jun 12, 2013, at 5:38 PM, "Shane Curcuru" <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> These are all excellent questions to ask about our approval for a third party event,
and a good discussion.

> From experience, I know that Citrix has been doing a good job with past events and other
materials at respecting and promoting the Apache brand independently from their own projects
- as well as the actual sponsoring of these kind of items for the project's benefit.  I also
know that many of the Citrix employees who are committers on Apache CloudStack have done a
great job of ensuring it stays that way.

> Given that and given the past successful events, I'm quite happy with this plan. I only
wish I could attend this year!

> - Shane
>
> On 6/11/2013 2:29 PM, Chip Childers wrote:
>> (note mixed pub / private lists please)
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 05:35:30PM +0000, Mark Hinkle wrote:
>>> The booth will be a 20x20 space with four pods with tower dedicated to each individual
project. The center will have have a gaming area (XBox) and the Open@Citrix brand for the
Citrix Open Source Office.
>>> Each tower is a clearly distinct project pod for each -- Apache CloudStack, Xen
Project,  Linux Foundation's Open Daylight and a fourth project we are working on launching
that is complimentary to the other three.
>>> Each open source project will be offered a 3' table and accompanying wall mounted
screen.
>>> On the screen we are asking each project to provide a looping presentation and
then on the desktop they'll  be able to give a demo via a laptop if they so chose.

>>> Here's a rough rendering of the design - http://postimg.org/image/40w0e6vnl/
>>
>> IMO, this seems fine, and would be a benefit to the Apache CloudStack
>> project.  trademarks@, could you please review and comment if you have
>> any concerns.  I'm personally +1.
>>

>>> As for the poker party the even is a Citrix event and then each table would have
a placard with their project logo.We would encourage each project to have members there to
in I believe that some of the Apache members were in attendance last year. I recall we had
Gluster, Ceph, CloudStack, Puppet, etc. I would point out that this is the second time we
would be doing this and we were approved last year and I believe that some of the Apache folks
might have been at the event. We don't plan to modify the format if that was acceptable.

>>> Here are some pictures of last year's event, no overt Citrix branding, each table
had a placard so like-minded individuals could cluster around their favorite projects: