From John Burwell <jburw...@basho.com>
Subject Re: Apache CloudStack + Riak CS: Building a Complete Private Cloud Meetup
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:07:18 GMT
Frans,

Currently, I don't know of any plans for an Indonesian event, but one our Technical Evangelists,
Pavan Venkatesh, is CC'ed on this email chain.  He may have more information regarding international
events.

Riak installation documentation is available @ http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/tutorials/installation/
and Riak CS installation documentation is available @ http://docs.basho.com/riakcs/latest/cookbooks/installing/Installing-Riak-CS/.
 If you are looking to setup a local development environment, you can quickly spin up Riak/Riak
CS instance up and going very quickly using Vagrant [1] and our vagrant-riak-cs-cluster [2]
project:

If you don't have it installed, download and install VirtualBox [3] for your development platform
If you don't have it installed, download and install Vagrant [1] for your your development
platform
Download and unzip the latest release of the vagrant-riak-cs-cluster [2] to a local directory
(e.g. vagrant-riak-cs-cluster)
From the directory created in step 3, execute "RIAK_CS_CREATE_ADMIN_USER=1 vagrant up" from
the command line.  Make a note of the access and secret key outputted to the terminal -- these
are your access credentials for Riak CS.  Riak requires no access credentials.

Following completion of the vagrant up command, you will have a running virtual machine with
Riak and Riak CS exposing the following ports on localhost:

8080: Riak CS
8087: Riak Protocol Buffers interface
8098: Riak HTTP interface

Once you have the virtual machine up and running, I suggest working through the Riak Fast
Track [4] and Riak CS Fast Track [5] using the VM (Note: Using the steps described above,
you can skip the installation portions of each Fast Track).  I also suggest checking out the
Basho blog [6], as well as, our RICON conference series [7] for more in-depth discussions
about Riak, Riak CS, and distributed systems.

Please feel free to ping me if you have any further questions or issues getting up and running
via email (jburwell@basho.com) or on Freenode (jburwell).
-John

[1]: http://www.vagrantup.com
[2]: https://github.com/basho/vagrant-riak-cs-cluster/archive/v1.0.1.zip