From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [RESULTS][SUMMARY][DISCUSS][VOTE] List CloudStack related books on the website
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 19:00:08 GMT
Adding Rohit via his a.o address.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 02:52:31PM -0400, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
> Ilya, Rohit, Joe, Noah,
>
> I am re-sending this with you in CC to make sure you read it.
>
> Since there was little response the wiki link has been established already, but I would
like to get feedback on explicitly modifying the bylaws to explain that marketing topics happen
on the marketing list and that Lazy majority or Lazy 2/3 majority will be required.

> -sebastien
>
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 6:12 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, (note only marketing@)
> >
> > Apologies for a belated wrap up of this important vote. Please reply in-line.
> >
> > [RESULTS]:
> >
> > +1 : 24 (Sebastien, Giles, Nguyen, Ryan, Kelly, Geoff, Roland, Alex, Nehal, Sapm4kev,
Gaspare, Kelcey, José,OutbackDingo, Todd, Eric, David, Kimihiko, Radhika, Clayton, Chip,
Chiradeep, Tariq, Mark)

> > -0 : 2 (Noah, Joe also vote +0)
> >
> > -1: 2 (Rohit, Ilya)
> >
> > [SUMMARY]:
> >
> > Rohit would be +1 on listing in the wiki, Ilya would be +0 on listing in the wiki.
> > So it seems that we would have unanimous consensus for listing on the wiki, even
though there is a strong majority for the website.

> > [DISCUSS]:
> >
> > I felt it was important to poll folks that are only on dev@ or users@ and the results
show that some folks who have never voted, got engaged in this VOTE. This is a very positive
side effect despite the confusion that I created by bcc all lists.

> > Our bylaws [1] do not cover votes on non-technical matters, so while we have lazy
majority on this vote it seems that this situation is not covered by the bylaws. Moreover
section 3.1.1 of bylaws says that decisions on the project happen on dev@, so it seems that
votes even on marketing@ are not allowed (unsure about this).

> > I propose the following:
> >
> > 1-To move forward without having to re-cast a vote, I propose to list immediately
the books on the Wiki, and inform Packt. I just created the page [2]
to allow votes on marketing@ and agree on using Lazy majority or Lazy 2/3 majority.