From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: 2013-06-13 Japanese CloudStack Community Weekly Update
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:50:04 GMT
Fantastic!  It's really amazing how much you are all doing in Japan
around CloudStack.  Please keep sharing your successes, and feel free to
ask if you need any support from the larger community.  We're all here
to help!

I personally appreciate that you are taking the time to help bridge the
language divide between the communities.  It's wonderful to see this
happening.

-chip

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:20:08AM +0000, Kimihiko Kitase wrote:
> We start to post Japanese CloudStack Community Weekly Update from this week, because
most of Japanese hesitate to post English into general English mailing list. So I just wants
to let you know summary of Japanese community status as representative of JCSUG (Japan CloudStack
User Group)

> # # #
>
> ###New board member
> 	Kawai san (Stratosphere) and Houjou san (KDDI) joined into board member of JCSUG.
>
> ###Projects
> ##Globalization (L10n / i18n) (led by Chiba san and Shimazaki san)
> 	Chiba san and Shimazaki san will organize Doc Sprint for 2 times June and July.
>
> ##4.1 evaluation project (led by Oge san from JCSUG))
> 	#Project page: http://180.37.182.53/projects/cloudstack4-1-pj
> 	#Theme
> 		1 : VM Snapshots, FS Investigate and add back KVM snapshot support
> 		2 : Resize Data Volumes, CPU and RAM Overcommit
> 		3 : AWS-Style Regions, S3-based secondary Storage
> 		4 : Site-to-Site VPN 2.0
> 		5 : IPv6 support, Add Remove Networks to VMs, Persistent Networks
> 		6 : API Request Throttling
> 		7 : Cloudstack Ceph RBD Setup
> 		8 : AutoScaling
> 		9 : Upgrade from old version to 4.1
> ##Book
> 	#CloudStack book (from Shoueisha): Published on 2013/01/29
> 		Printed: 1st: 3000, 2nd: 2500
> 		Books sold by 2013/06/04 since 2013/01/29: 3087
> 		*According to publisher, this number is really amazing number. They really appreciate
CloudStack community. That's why they are willing to help us at events. E.g. they bring books
and panel and sell their books at cloudstack booth.