From Chip Childers <chipchild...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSCON Exhibition and other Activities
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:17:30 GMT
(note mixed public and private lists)

Mark,

Adding trademarks@ for their visibility.

I have a couple of questions listed below:

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 11:07:47PM +0000, Mark Hinkle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an opportunity for OSCON(http://www.oscon.com/oscon2013) that Citrix would like
to provide to Apache CloudStack.

As always, thanks to Citrix for offering this type of sponsorship
donation to the project.

> We have an Open@Citrix booth 20'x20' at OSCON as part of the OSCON exhibit(http://www.oscon.com/oscon2013/public/content/sponsors).
The booth has four demo pods one each reserved for the Linux Foundation's OpenDaylight, Xen
Project, a 'yet to be named' Citrix OSS project and ACS.  We'll be offering a demo pod for
ACS to demo CloudStack and give away ACS approved branded merchandise which we will fund if
approved.  The pod will have a screen to display a rotating presentation display that we will
submit for approval by the ACS marketing list. Exhibitors could do demos on a laptop on the
provided counter.

I'm slightly concerned here, but perhaps you can help eliminate my
concern (and this sort of applies to the poker party below as well).
My concern is the potential confusion about Citrix and Apache CloudStack
in how the pavilion is presented. Can you share a bit about how you see
the brands being kept distinct, and how any potential confusion about
the project being Citrix owned would be reduced?  To be clear, this is
*not* a vote of no confidence.  I just want to understand how things
will be presented.

trademarks@ - any thoughts on the concern above?  Am I off base?

OTOH, I have to say that the actual CloudStack demo "pod" sounds
awesome!

> -   At the demo pod Kelcey Damage has agreed to help as well as Joe Brockmeier and David
Nalley though I would invite anyone else from the project to help answer questions, pending
approval of course. Therefore the only exhibitors would be Apache CloudStack committers so
far but there are no restrictions to others participating that I know of.

That's good to hear!

> - On the Wednesday night  (July 24th) we'll be doing the same thing we did this same
thing last year at OSCON, it's the Citrix Open Cloud Poker party (http://www.oscon.com/oscon2013/public/schedule/detail/29601).
We'll give sponsorship of the tables to a number of open source projects for free this will
include ACS and like-minded project. . We'll also create CloudStack poker chips and CloudStack
playing cards pending approval.

see comments about the pavilion above...

> For all giveaways and promotional items we'll share proposed designs with the marketing
list and send to the PMC and trademarks@apache.org<mailto:trademarks@apache.org> for
approval. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions or concerns.

Thanks.