From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: News for the 17th
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:01:17 GMT
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 10:50 AM, Mathias Mullins wrote:
> If you get a chance this morning can you review and throw it up please?

Working on it now. Note that I moved the CCC stuff down to events.

I'd like to gently suggest that we focus on *news* in the *weekly news*
rather than promo'ing events. My intention when starting this was that
we help tease out important developments relating to CloudStack
development for folks who don't have the time to follow every discussion
on dev@ because it's so noisy.

> Hope you didn't get too SpammedÅ  :-)

Spamalot was fantastic, actually.

For folks not familiar with St. Louis - The Muny (the venue where
Spamalot was performed) is the largest outdoor musical theatre in the
U.S. The "outdoor" part is important here because we've been
experiencing way more rain than is usual here - so much that the cast
was unable to do a tech rehearsal or runthrough on the actual stage. Two
hours before the show it was still raining so badly that we were fairly
certain the show would be canceled.

Luckily, the rain stopped about an hour before the performance and they
were able to go on, albeit a little late with a few minor tech problems.

At the end of the performance, Eric Idle turned up to lead the audience
in "Bright Side of Life" and I also had a chance to meet Idle after the
performance at the cast party. (My SO works at The Muny...)

So - quite spammed indeed. :-)

/me continues whistling

Best,

jzb