From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hack Day at CloudStack Collaboration Conference
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:57:33 GMT
Giles, not sure of the setup for CCC. But at ApacheCon US, the hackfest was set in a big room
with big tables.
We put signs on the tables and people sat where they wanted and started chatting and hacking
it out.

So it will probably be pretty free form, with someone sheperding and keep track of time.

What gets done and with whom really depends on who shows up and how much work they really
want to do.

The day will probably start with the sheperd/facilitator polling everyone for ideas, assigning
tables etc...

-sebastien

On Jun 20, 2013, at 1:48 AM, Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Good morning marketing
>
> So, how does this hack thing work then ?
>
> Theres a whole bunch of people who have put in some really good suggestions - does somebody
now choose a set number to run in the day ?

> On the day, does each session get an allocated time slot ?
>
> In short, where do I need to be, when  and do I need to be there at all?
>

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>
> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

to be a "hack day" using an un-conference/BarCamp type structure where we ask attendees to
set the agenda and have spaces set aside to work on things or have more interactive sessions
to hammer out ideas.

> This will probably work best if we start brainstorming before the event, so I've set
up a page on the wiki for folks to propose sessions. Please take a minute to add topics you'd
like to address during the hack day with a description and suggested leader for that session.
(This is usually going to be the person proposing the idea, but might be a suggestion for
someone else if you think they'd be better suited.)

> Here's the page on the wiki - please go wild and add the topics you think we need to
hit on during the hack day! (Note, adding a session isn't a guarantee that it'll be chosen,
but it's a good way to build interest ahead of time and ensure the right folks are there and
ready to
> roll.)
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Hack+Day+at+CCC13
>
> Best,