From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 20:12:45 GMT
Joe you have a good point.

I guess the best solution is to exclude any books from the site. If you want to endorse a
book,  do it on your blog.

Fair to everyone. Good book will be noticed on amazon (or elsewhere)  and praised by readers.
We don't need to endorse good or bad books,  neither do we have to spend our time reviewing
them and/or be responsible for any mistakes,  or hurt someone's feeling for not choosing their
book.

Best option in my opinion is to be neutral.

-------- Original message --------
From: Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net>
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?

On Fri, May 24, 2013, at 10:29 AM, kelcey@backbonetechnology.com wrote:
> Despite the willingness of people to cast 0 votes, it is obvious that
> there are strong and valid feelings towards both sides of our current HOW
> options.

So, I'd actually lean towards a -1 on including all titles. I just don't
think we do the community any favors by taking the path of least
resistance and helping publicize any book with "CloudStack" in the title
regardless of quality.

Yes, it's more work to actually review books. Yes, people might be
unhappy if their title isn't chosen - but what's the effect on the
project if someone picks up a book that is inaccurate and fails in
setting up or running CloudStack because the book isn't good? Are they
going to know it's the book and not a bug with the project?

We've discussed this pretty thoroughly, though. Does anyone want to put
out a firm proposal one way or another and see if it gets consensus?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier