From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 15:27:07 GMT
Perhaps we can revisit the thought of  making it commiter written VS comitters reviewed.

As error safeguard measure it would make sense if have at least 3 commiters review the publication.

Reason being, while many of us are comitters, some of us maybe more competent in some areas
of ACS and less on the other. Therefore if we have several comitters review the publication,
we minimize the error posibilty.
if i was to make an example, i've spent alot of time building private clouds that would suit
traditional enterprises, i may not be an expert on designing web hosting shops (just yet).

Obviously exclusions apply, if someone have spent many years as a core ACS architect and developer
- he may not need several commiters to review the publication -  though it would not hurt.

The commiters who will be reviewing publication must notify the community via mailing list.
If there are points of uncertainty,  the should be brought on ML as well.

-------- Original message --------
From: Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org>
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?

On 23 May 2013 05:05, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:

> On May 22, 2013, at 1:30 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> > Books authored by committers might be a good metric.
>
> +1

I think this is exclusionary. As Kelcey points out, there's a high
probability that some of the best books on CloudStack are not written by
committers.

On 23 May 2013 07:06, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me put it bluntly. IMHO wiki pages are a death sentence, nobody will
> find that information.
> If it's not featured on the website then there is no point talking about
> it.

Blunt, but hyperbolic. ;) If you really feel so strongly about the wiki,
you should propose that we shut it down. ;)

The wiki is a community resource, and we should embrace that, and encourage
that.

If you're concerned that people visiting the main website will not notice,
and will never find, a page that lists third-party resources, then I
suggest a patch that provides a link in the nav saying "third-party
resources" and link it to the wiki.

--
NS