From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: [VOTE] List CloudStack related books on the website
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 16:56:46 GMT
Kelcey,

Perhaps I was not clear enough on my statement for -1.

I would strongly support committer or even a contributor efforts if they were to publish a
book. And it would be completely fair for it to be posted under ACS website. Why? Because
we are the body of Apache CloudStack Community. We collectively - people who actually participate
within CloudStack community and represent Apache CloudStack to some degree.

In regards to Packt book, without mentioning the names of each author. My background research
on both (i.e. google search author's name with cloudstack) barely yielded any results. For
the most part, I would see the promo of the book, with one mention of another author "not
being able to login to UI" posted on dev mailing list. THAT’S IT !!!

What have they done for ACS Community (before they wrote a book) to be listed on ACS site?

My humble opinion, I'm ok with the book being on wiki with proper disclaimer, on the main
site - I don’t feel it’s the right thing to do and simply - not fair.

If the authors used different alias - perhaps I'm wrong and I apologize, but it's not apparent
to me at the moment.

Regards
Ilya

PS:  I do see an overwhelming benefit of the book to educate new ACS users, and benefits at
this moment  may outweighs the negatives I've mentioned. I can lower my vote to "0", but I
would strongly suggest we revise this in the near future as more books come on board and we
just blindly promote books and let others profiteer from ACS efforts.