From Kelly Hair <kelly.h...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] List CloudStack related books on the website
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 22:56:49 GMT
Ilya,

I don't necessarily disagree in principle as I do think mind share is a
challenge. The other major Open Source cloud orchestration project has
many marketing dollars & vendors with vested interests behind it.  Just
because they have the money doesn't make it better but the marketing
dollars have led to mind share.  Obviously, that approach has a number of
issues ranging from upgrades to proprietary extensions/code that lock
users into one distro over another but I digressÅ

I think the point of the discussion & vote is really "how do we increase
mind share?"  Everyone benefits from a richer community from the users, to
the companies selling integrations into CloudStack/product and on to
distributors of CloudStack.

So.. Perhaps it's not the right place to put on the main page.  Perhaps it
is a resources page or perhaps this a personal page.  What I'd love to
hear is more of "oh.. Yeah.. CloudStack - I've heard of that" rather than
"I've heard of [xyz project] but never heard of CloudStack".

To your point, maybe it does make sense to be more than just books.
However, that's for the community to decide.   Thanks for bringing up the
perspective.

Best,
Kelly