From Kelly Hair <kelly.h...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: CloudPlatform/CloudStack Customers and Marketing
Date Sat, 18 May 2013 22:04:48 GMT
Agree with Joe.

As an account rep @ Citrix developing CloudPlatform for the NE US (PA ->
DE -> ME),  I will do everything I can to ensure we can publish customer
names with their consent.  However, there's a number of enterprises that
will never allow this to occur.  It's just they way their legal
departments work..

While it may be frustrating at times, the fact remains that Apache
CloudStack, and commercial variants like Citrix CloudPlatform, is user
driven rather than a marketing focus like other options in the market.

I can share that there's 150+ paying CloudPlatform customer.  In 2011,
around 80% of new customers were Service Providers. In 2012, this number
was evenly split between SPs & enterprises.  The enterprise number & ratio
will grow this year especially in mature markets.  This is not only
because the SP market is saturated but also because enterprises are
investing more in building private clouds. In developing markets, SPs
building clouds are mostly focused on either a CloudStack or OpenStack
based solution.

Getting back to customers - as you could imagine, we have a slide that
lists ~ 30 customers we can talk about but I would prefer to defer to some
colleagues inside Citrix to bless the publishing of these names.  A slide
presented to a prospect is very different than publicly posting :)

Best,
Kelly