From Mathias Mullins <mathias.mull...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Collaboration Conference - Marketing Plan?
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 02:49:20 GMT

On 5/8/13 9:06 PM, "Chip Childers" <chip.childers@sungard.com> wrote:

>On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
>> Hi Chip,
>>
>> Here is what I propose, part of this may have already been done.
>>
>> MeetUp:
>> Reach out to CloudStack Groups and sent a note - I've seen this has
>>been done by Karen for NYC, perhaps there is more groups she has not
>>reached out yet
>> Reach out to Other User Groups that CloudStack has been presented on in
>>2012/2013 and ask presenters to send a message to user group organizers
>>about CCC13 so they can share with a group members
>
>I think that Karen has done this for known groups.

Do we have a list of meeting group leaders?

>> LinkedIn:
>> Everyone in linkedin must update their personal status - as going to
>>CCC13
>> Send a note on LinkedIn CloudStack and Cloud groups about CCC13
>>

>Has it been promoted in the CloudStack Linked In group (and the EU one)
>yet?

Mark put a comment out there about a call for papers. I don't see anything
about the main conference. So, I just put something up. :-)

>> Twitter:
>> Tweet and ask for retweets
>
>@CloudStack has had lots of tweets scheduled for this already, but
>perhaps we need more?

What we need is people talking about it with the #hashtag. That will
generate more buzz. So if people can get more talk with both #cloudstack
and #ccc13 that would help. Got to start chatting it up.

>> Mailing List:
>> Already done, but I would send a notice once a week so that new comers
>>can read and perhaps attend
>
>Who wants to take this up?  users@ and dev@ are the right targets IMO.
> Once a week might be too much, but then again we are not that far
>away.

I think it definitely needs to be about once a week, but you have to keep
it fresh and updated. Can't just be the same old same spam every time. I
can take this one.

>> CloudStack.org:
>> Needs to have a large banner about CCC13 on the main page
>
>Hmm...  that's a reasonable idea.  What do others think?

Totally agree with this. It's not only to get the people in the community
there, but people who are interested in the community as well.