From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 12:25:27 GMT
On 23 May 2013 05:05, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:

> On May 22, 2013, at 1:30 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> > Books authored by committers might be a good metric.
>
> +1

I think this is exclusionary. As Kelcey points out, there's a high
probability that some of the best books on CloudStack are not written by
committers.

On 23 May 2013 07:06, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me put it bluntly. IMHO wiki pages are a death sentence, nobody will
> find that information.
> If it's not featured on the website then there is no point talking about
> it.

Blunt, but hyperbolic. ;) If you really feel so strongly about the wiki,
you should propose that we shut it down. ;)

The wiki is a community resource, and we should embrace that, and encourage
that.

If you're concerned that people visiting the main website will not notice,
and will never find, a page that lists third-party resources, then I
suggest a patch that provides a link in the nav saying "third-party
resources" and link it to the wiki.

--
NS