From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Collaboration Conference - Marketing Plan?
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 01:06:35 GMT
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Musayev, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net> wrote:
> Hi Chip,
>
> Here is what I propose, part of this may have already been done.
>
> MeetUp:
> Reach out to CloudStack Groups and sent a note - I've seen this has been done by Karen
for NYC, perhaps there is more groups she has not reached out yet
> Reach out to Other User Groups that CloudStack has been presented on in 2012/2013 and
ask presenters to send a message to user group organizers about CCC13 so they can share with
a group members

I think that Karen has done this for known groups.

> LinkedIn:
> Everyone in linkedin must update their personal status - as going to CCC13
> Send a note on LinkedIn CloudStack and Cloud groups about CCC13

Has it been promoted in the CloudStack Linked In group (and the EU one) yet?

> Twitter:
> Tweet and ask for retweets

@CloudStack has had lots of tweets scheduled for this already, but
perhaps we need more?

> Mailing List:
> Already done, but I would send a notice once a week so that new comers can read and perhaps
attend

Who wants to take this up?  users@ and dev@ are the right targets IMO.
 Once a week might be too much, but then again we are not that far
away.

> CloudStack.org:
> Needs to have a large banner about CCC13 on the main page

Hmm...  that's a reasonable idea.  What do others think?

> Wikipedia:
> Needs to have a link and notice to CCC13

Not sure if that's "legal", but somebody can certainly try!  I'd add a
"Conferences" section, and then link to both the 2012 one and this
one.  You'll need to cite the announcements probably.

> Facebook:
> The main image with 2 screens needs to have CCC13 notice

I don't "do" facebook, so I leave this to whomever (Joe?) has that access.