From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] List CloudStack related books on the website
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 21:16:56 GMT
Can we please not hijacked the [VOTE] thread with [DISCUSS] items.

If people feel that there is a reason to DISCUSS more then we can cancel the vote, otherwise
let's just keep voting.
As it was said, we can always revisit later, but let's keep moving.

I mentioned the vote would be open for 96 hours from Monday morning. I will tally votes friday
morning.

-Sebastien

On May 28, 2013, at 4:12 PM, Kelcey Jamison Damage <kelcey@bbits.ca> wrote:

> Sorry, but I am a little confused... What are we doing that is fundamentally
> wrong?
>
> None of us are trying to profit off this vote or what have you..., we simply want to
grow the community in an inclusive way by including community works as optional resources.
Whether the community work was created from donated or paid time, and whether the work is
being sold or given away, does not make it any less vital to our community if at least in
a measure of interest.

> The way I see it, is we can do everything ourselves(not possible), or we can engage and
empower the community to do things themselves, and in return celebrate that interest and devotion.

> From what I'm learning, the more 'pure' we are, the less inviting and more exclusionary.
I personally feel the success of this project is not just in the hands of the developers,
but also in people doing cool things with our product, and us allowing a forum for these people
to share and discuss their endeavors. Often people are inspired by seeing what their colleagues
have done.