From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] List CloudStack related books on the website
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 21:26:23 GMT
Hi folks,

I have been traveling. I will tally the votes early next week, summarize and propose some
next steps taking into account the fact that we don't seem to have consensus on this non-technical
issue.

thanks for your patience,

-Sebastien

On May 31, 2013, at 3:21 PM, Mark Hinkle <Mark.Hinkle@citrix.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark R. Hinkle
> Senior Director, Open Source Solutions
> Citrix Systems
> e: mark.hinkle@citrix.com<mailto:mark.hinkle@citrix.com>
> twitter: @mrhinkle
>

> On May 28, 2013, at 6:34 PM, Tariq Iqbal <tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com<mailto:tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com>>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Regards,
>
> Tariq Iqbal
>
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447909911600
>
> tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com<mailto:tariq.iqbal@shapeblue.com>

> 19/20 June, London
> 22/23 June, Santa Clara  CA
> 10/11 July, Bangalore, India
> 21/22 August, London

I would like to call a vote.

> Proposal:
> ----------------
> I propose to list CloudStack related books on our website [2]. The page listing these
books would contain the following disclaimer:

> "This listing does not represent official endorsement by the Apache CloudStack project.
The Apache CloudStack project does not recommend one book versus another nor does it guarantee
the quality of the books."

> Inclusion of a book in the listing would be done via a vote on the marketing@ list.
> ----------------
>
> As a quick summary, alternatives to this proposal were to:
> 1-not do anything
> 2-list the books on the wiki
>
> A few of us have already expressed their opinions and discussed the possibilities. Check
[1].

> Vote will be open for 96 hours (To accommodate Memorial day in the USA).
>
> Reply with:
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>
> PS: If edits of the disclaimer are needed but that they do not change the meaning of
it, the disclaimer will be modified but the vote will not be restarted.

> [1] http://markmail.org/thread/r4qdmbonmx6yq2uv
> [2] http://cloudstack.apache.org
>
> -Sebastien
is a registered trademark.