From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 21:38:56 GMT
Endorsements are something somebody does on their blog. I don't think presence on the ACS page
has anything to do with that (and should be noted clearly - same as for classes, whatever).

Another reason this could be good - being able to list one or more books on the site shows
a level of maturity that both folks are starting to write thicker documents about ACS, and
also that publishers feel there's a market for such a product.

John

On May 22, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Kelcey Jamison Damage <kelcey@bbits.ca<mailto:kelcey@bbits.ca>>
 wrote:

I agree with Noah,

We have to take the good with the bad otherwise we are inadvertently endorsing specific works
as an organization.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noah Slater" <nslater@apache.org<mailto:nslater@apache.org>>
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:55:31 PM
Subject: Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?

The minute we do that though, we start to endorse third-party works, and
that is a can of worms.

On 22 May 2013 20:50, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net<mailto:jzb@zonker.net>> wrote:

On Mon, May 20, 2013, at 10:37 PM, Ahmad Emneina wrote:
This strikes me as being along the same lines as having a nascar-esqe
badging page. IMO the more books, the merrier. No specific endorsements.

The flip side of this is that many tech books these days are truly
awful. I'd rather point to books we actually recommend and feel are
accurate than just drive traffic to any CloudStack title.

(I spent quite a lot of time reviewing tech books years ago, and there's
a very, very wide variance in quality out there.)

Best,

jzb
--
Twitter: @jzb