From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: cloudstack survey [discuss]
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 09:50:34 GMT
All

I have *tried* to take on board all comments and come up with this new version
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/28BV97D

please look at the survey  before you comment

I've kept it still to 10 questions as IMO, it needs to be short.
I've no  objection to adding more if people feel strongly (I'm quite happy to spend the $24)
, but I'd just like to keep the overall number down in order to maximise responses.

There have been a few  suggestions for new questions around:
1. industry vertical
2. Release cycle
3. community support
4. WHY people chose ACS

If people feel strongly that those questions should be included, then can they post onlist
the exact question (and responses) that  they wish to ask (and maybe *why* its important to
ask that). I'd like those to be agreed here before I re-edit

Also, if anybody feels that any of the questions  could be dropped, then say so (so I can
try to keep the numbers down)

Theres also been some comments around providing more structure to some of the responses (i.e.
list features that people may want to see instead of just a text box)
I agree with that concept 100%, BUT from experience, creating and agreeing such choices becomes
a project in itself. For every one that somebody thinks of, somebody else will have something
different or will want them worded differently.   I therefore think that the free text style
is a sensible compromise.

I've tried to get a balance on collecting org name,etc: its optional, but I encourage  people
to provide if possible

PROCESS
OK, so I (Giles) am collecting this on behalf of the community. Its sat in a surveymonkey
account linked to my email address (i.e its nothing to do with my company)
As previously, the community has my commitment that this data is SOLELY to be used for this
survey.

Once we've collected responses, I intend to de-duplicate and cross reference other known installs
(from Marks slide & any  other sources available)
I will produce summarised, anonymous results for public distribution.

To verify this process, I'd like to ask a committer (hint: Sebastien) to work on that with
me on the analysis. I will share access to the  sureveymonkey account with that committer,
but will not post on this public list

Once we've done the analysis, we will destroy the source data
Only exception to this: if people say that they ARE happy for us to mention their names, then
I suggest that we write to them afterwards to check that they are authorised to do so,etc

If anybody is uncomfortable with that process, then say so. I would like to *try* and get
this closed out today

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com