From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: cloudstack survey [discuss]
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 11:26:10 GMT

Joe. I really don't think that we're going to get a decent response if this comes from an
individual. It needs to come from a known organisation, who will commit to data protection,etc
if we're going to get organisations to respond

I'm happy with the logistics of creating a "community" SM account and doing this entirely
on behalf of the community, but it needs to come from
Therefore, is the community happy to use this as a head:

"CloudStack User survey May 2013
CONFIDENTIALITY. This data is being collected by the Apache Cloudstack community. The data
will be used to form an anonymous summary of Cloudstack usage and adoption and will not be
used for any other marketing or business purposes.
If possible, we would like to encourage organisations to be public about their use of Apache
CloudStack and we therefore ask, at question 1, if you would agree to the Apache CloudStack
community using your organisations name in marketing material,etc"

My fears are that we may get into data protection legislation ,etc with ASF  and have a whole
long debate on that  which exactly the reason that I offered ShapeBlue "carrying the paper":
we are DPA registered, etc and can circumnavigate that

If we go the route of it officially coming from the community - Who would be able to give
clearance to do such a thing ?

I think we *have* to get company name,etc. We need it to know whos responded, to avoid duplicates
and also we need to cross match against other,known, users

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com