From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: logo usage
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 17:49:27 GMT
On the same page Chip
Will share all before anything is live

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: 15 May 2013 18:48
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: logo usage

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 05:42:26PM +0000, Giles Sirett wrote:
> All
>
> Thanks for the earlier guidance on logo  usage.
> I've now looked in detail at the ASF guidance - all that follows is
> FYI in case somebody else may find this useful
>
> Here's the key piece from http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/ :
>
> "You needn't ask us for permission to use Apache's graphics logos (the versions published
on individual project's websites) on your own website solely as a hyperlink to the specific
Apache project website or to www.apache.org. All other uses of Apache Foo (and similar) graphic
logos must be approved in writing by VP, Apache Brand Management or a designee."

> Putting my lawyers hat on, it all comes down to  the definition of
> what " solely as a hyperlink to the specific Apache project" means:
> that could be argued lots of different ways
>
> I'm happy that I want t do specifically  meets  the spirit of this.

Just show us a design that you think you want to use, and then it'll likely be an easy agreement
(we'll include trademarks@ as well).

We know your intent, so it's doubtful that there will be a problem.  The rules are only there
to be sure that we are stating an enforcement approach for when the marks are being abused.
 You have to protect marks in order to enforce protection... ;-)

-chip

is a registered trademark.