From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: logo usage
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 17:42:26 GMT
All

Thanks for the earlier guidance on logo  usage.
I've now looked in detail at the ASF guidance - all that follows is FYI in case somebody else
may find this useful

Here's the key piece from http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/ :

"You needn't ask us for permission to use Apache's graphics logos (the versions published
on individual project's websites) on your own website solely as a hyperlink to the specific
Apache project website or to www.apache.org. All other uses of Apache Foo (and similar) graphic
logos must be approved in writing by VP, Apache Brand Management or a designee."

Putting my lawyers hat on, it all comes down to  the definition of what " solely as a hyperlink
to the specific Apache project" means: that could be argued lots of different ways

I'm happy that I want t do specifically  meets  the spirit of this.

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com