From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack Bootcamp Training
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 18:14:00 GMT
Matt

I already offered them on @users on a first come basis.  Geoff then pointed out that wasn't
fair because half the planet was asleep !

One guy had already grabbed one

So, I then said "tell me that you want one and also tell me the  day & month that my son
was born" - closet to his birthday gets the other seat.

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Mathias Mullins [mailto:mathias.mullins@citrix.com]
Sent: 02 May 2013 19:08
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: CloudStack Bootcamp Training

BTW - on the donation of the free seats. I have a feeling that Lottery is going to be your
best method to give those out.

Matt

From: Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com>>
Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 11:11 AM
To: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: CloudStack Bootcamp Training

Dear marketing folks

ShapeBlue  have decided to run a  CloudStack Bootcamp course in Santa Clara, to coincide with
collab It will be at the Santa Clara Convention Center on June 22/23 . Geoff will be teaching
it http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course

This course technically clashes with the  planned Hack Day, but its highly unlikely that anybody
wanting to come to the bootcamp would also want to (or be able to) hack on Cloudstack: our
course is a course  for architects and engineers who want to deploy CloudStack .

I'd like to donate  2 x free places (usually  $1000 each)  on the course  to the community.
I'm open to any advice about how to allocate those seats: its not likely that the guys involved
daily on the @dev list would find it useful.
What do people think? - should I offer the places to the @users list on a first come, first
served basis? - or should I maybe let a PMC member decide how to allocate them based on some
sort of criteria.

Any suggestions welcome

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
| Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

ShapeBlue are proud to be sponsoring CloudStack Collaboration  Conference NA

[https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/30760149/CloudStack+Collaboration+Conference+Banner+v2+Blue+Background+Only.jpg?version=3&modificationDate=1367282397297]<http://www.cloudstackcollab.net/>

is a registered trademark.
is a registered trademark.