From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Weekly News Items?
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 17:38:46 GMT
Chip, I've been very clear, this *is* a commercial offering, we will be making money. ShapeBlue
makes its money out of services around Cloudstack. This is what we do to feed our kids.

These courses have been in development for some time, we have invested time & money  in
creating a structured course with classroom & online version and also a whole set of hands-on
labs. To be frank, I would expect *some* degree of support from the community on this. I'm
taking a commercial risk, creating something that that surely can only help ACS long term
I have offered/donated  20% of the places on the Santa Clara course to the community free
of charge.

I am really  trying   to make sure that we respect the rules & governance of the project
(which I have to do carefully as we are a vendor  who primarily  are about CloudStack). I
think we've always managed to do that (if we haven't, I would like to be told).

However, if there is a training course being run in our technology , then people should know
about it; and it SHOULD be in a weekly news update IMO.
If the course was being run by somebody else, I would say the same thing.; I would want to
know about it.  We should not refuse to mention it because somebody is making some money out
of it.

I am not asking for endorsement, I am asking  to help communicate something that people may
find useful & want to purchase.

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com