From Kelcey Jamison Damage <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 20:25:30 GMT
Hmm, I apologize for the content of the CloudStack book.... lol

Well, you could make the restriction any book that a committer was involved in..... And then
blame the crap out of us if it sucks.

That works too.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Brockmeier" <jzb@zonker.net>
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:21:01 PM
Subject: Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?

On Wed, May 22, 2013, at 03:01 PM, Kelcey Jamison Damage wrote:
> I agree with Noah,
>
> We have to take the good with the bad otherwise we are inadvertently
> endorsing specific works as an organization.

I'd rather point to none than have to point to everything that's slung
out with "CloudStack" in the title. Like I said - I used to review
these, and there's a lot, lot, lot of subpar books out there.

In the Solr example, I looked - in each case, the authors have either
been involved in Solr directly or have extensive histories with Solr.
And Solr only points to two books, when
there are actually quite a few other Solr books on Amazon.

Looking at other Apache projects, I'm not seeing a lot of projects that
point to books written about them.

Best,

jzb
--