From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?
Date Sat, 25 May 2013 21:11:35 GMT
+1 on option 3

This voting is getting TOO complicated

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541<tel:+44%2020%203603%200541> | M: +44 796 111 2055<tel:+44%20796%20111%202055>

On 25 May 2013, at 22:00, "kelcey@backbonetechnology.com<mailto:kelcey@backbonetechnology.com>"
<kelcey@backbonetechnology.com<mailto:kelcey@backbonetechnology.com>> wrote:

I would vote for option 3,

Myself and other creators of external community supporting products have never asked for endorsement.
We simply seek acknowledgement.

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "Kelly Hair" <kelly.hair@citrix.com<mailto:kelly.hair@citrix.com>>
To: "marketing@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>" <marketing@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:marketing@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: Packt Book - Publish on our website?
Date: Sat, May 25, 2013 12:54 PM

Wonder if it's best to come up with 3 options to vote yeah/nah on. Is it
too early to vote on?

I'm on a plane so may be missing the most recent on this thread.  Did see
before boarding on my mobile that Giles had a good suggestion of having an
"unendorsed/unofficial community" section of the page.

So.. options could be:
1) Do not create a list of external information sources.
2) Create an endorsed/official list of external information services
3) Create an unendorsed/"caveat emptor" list of external information
services.

Agree with the concern of mind share Giles pointed out should option 1 win
out.  So, personally I'd vote no to option 1 but yes to both options 2 &
3.

PS - apologies if this is repeat by the time I sync up!

On 5/24/13 3:01 PM, "Noah Slater" <nslater@apache.org<mailto:nslater@apache.org>>