From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: cloudstack survey [discuss]
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 17:52:21 GMT
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 05:38:18PM +0000, Kelly Hair wrote:
> True - would love to see vertical too if they cannot provide a name.  It
> would be good to know that folks from highly regulated environments like
> government, Financial services & multinationals are using CloudStack.
> While these circles generally talk with each other, to Ilya's point, they
> do not like to share publicly what they are doing.  A community within a
> community :)

Yes, that would be nice.

My concern about user info is that we are going to ask as many people as
possible to answer the survey.  I agree a bit about a desire to de-dupe
the company names...  But I would *not* assume that the individuals that
may offer this are authorized to be public about their use of the
software.  If we end up collecting them (for the record, I'm +0 on
collecting *just* organization name), I'd state in absolute terms that the
names are not shared on any public list (including this one).

Whomever ends up collecting the data (Giles is the volunteer right now)
would have to do the de-dupe privately, and then only share the scrubbed
and de-duped results with this list.

As for vertical, I think we would be OK with that being asked (and it's
a good idea).

Giles - one other question for you...  if you end up doing this, are you
going to spend the $ on a non-free plan?  It looks like it would only
cost $24 for one month of the "Select" plan, which gives unlimited
questions and answers for a month.  I think that allows for enough
answers to make it meaningful.

Alternatively, I'm personally willing to spend the $ myself to do this.
I'd hope for more than 100 answers.

-chip