From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 20:21:30 GMT
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 08:12:45PM +0000, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> Joe you have a good point.
>
> I guess the best solution is to exclude any books from the site. If you want to endorse
a book,  do it on your blog.

> Fair to everyone. Good book will be noticed on amazon (or elsewhere)  and praised by
readers. We don't need to endorse good or bad books,  neither do we have to spend our time
reviewing them and/or be responsible for any mistakes,  or hurt someone's feeling for not
choosing their book.

> Best option in my opinion is to be neutral.

Well summarized Ilya.

I'm +1 on what Ilya is suggesting WRT the site itself.

I think that we should feel free to highlight it in our project blog
though...  we selectively note blog posts of interest there, as well
as (for example) events like the upcoming ShapeBlue training courses.
So we are already implicitly doing a little bit of editorial selection
in that communication channel (with the goal of highlighting things we
think might be of interest to readers).

-chip