From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: CloudPlatform/CloudStack Customers and Marketing
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 18:37:56 GMT
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 06:36:16PM +0000, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> Employees use sites like linkedin and its easy to figure out what company X uses just
by scanning what this or that person did/does. Also, search thru CS mailing lists of all user
domains can help you gather that info.

> It all goes back to public information. While technically - you cannot say that company
X is using CS officially on ASF/Wiki or elsewhere, on private blogs, you can scan the web
for all the public info and draw your conclusion.

> I guess the point I'm trying to make, strictly by using public sources, one can easily
generate a list of companies that use CS but never publicize it. Would it be wrong to create
one and say below is the list of "unconfirmed CS users".

I'd personally prefer if the project itself avoided doing that.