From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: Weekly News Items?
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 17:18:58 GMT
On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 12:14:41PM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On Thu, May 2, 2013, at 12:06 PM, Giles Sirett wrote:
> > Joe
> >
> > I'd like to add our upcoming CloudStack Bootcamp courses to the
> > news/events. (once Matt has made collab bold)
> > However, they are commercial offerings. Is that permissible  ?
>
> Maybe? I don't have a strong objection, as long as they're CloudStack
> specific and they're added with the same format as other events. Anyone
> else?

IMO, if the costs for attendance were only to cover the cost of doing
the training, then I'd be fine.  I assume, however, that ShapeBlue is
hoping to make a little profit from the training.  (If I'm wrong,
correct me)  While I *love* that it's happening, and I hope that it goes
well, and frankly like companies in our ecosystem to be profitable...
the project itself should not be endorsing commercial ventures.

Comments / flames?

-chip