From Kelcey Jamison Damage <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject Re: [VOTE] List CloudStack related books on the website
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 20:12:11 GMT
Sorry, but I am a little confused... What are we doing that is fundamentally
wrong?

None of us are trying to profit off this vote or what have you..., we simply want to grow
the community in an inclusive way by including community works as optional resources. Whether
the community work was created from donated or paid time, and whether the work is being sold
or given away, does not make it any less vital to our community if at least in a measure of
interest.

The way I see it, is we can do everything ourselves(not possible), or we can engage and empower
the community to do things themselves, and in return celebrate that interest and devotion.

>From what I'm learning, the more 'pure' we are, the less inviting and more exclusionary.
I personally feel the success of this project is not just in the hands of the developers,
but also in people doing cool things with our product, and us allowing a forum for these people
to share and discuss their endeavors. Often people are inspired by seeing what their colleagues
have done.

Sorry for rant.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rohit Yadav" <bhaisaab@apache.org>
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:46:29 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] List CloudStack related books on the website

Just my view: Lobbying is something we should avoid from what I understand
from the Apache culture. This is not to flame anybody or anything, I've
recognized may be the issue is in me; sorry but I've very strong sentiments
and emotions around opensource software development, I've decreased my
contributions, left my last job which was emotionally scaring me among
other things and threads like these just boils my blood, please just avoid
ugliness :)

And the argument that we don't have to get this perfect right away, meh,
just does not apply; should we be doing something that is fundamentally
wrong? I know a lot of people like lobbying and practice it, maybe no one
is wrong.

Just saying.
Peace.