From Kelcey Jamison Damage <kel...@bbits.ca>
Subject Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 23:33:51 GMT
I could not have put it better myself, thank you.

+1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noah Slater" <nslater@apache.org>
To: marketing@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:30:44 PM
Subject: Re: Packt Book - Publish on our website?

In general, we should be wary about making endorsements. I've not had much
experience with this at the ASF, but I know that as an organisation, we
seem to be quite reticent about it. I guess the reasons boil down to: if
you endorse one person, project, book, etc then lots of other people are
going to clamour for endorsement. Which leads us to our second problem,
endorsing things implies we don't endorse other things, which could leave
people feeling upset and "out of the club". If we had a wiki page with a
list of third-party CloudStack resources/books/etc, then people can add to
it as they see fit. I think it should be obvious that this is a community
maintained resource, and not an official project edict. (Caveat: we will
have to monitor this page for spam and too much blatant self-promotion or
advertising.)

--
NS